Kodiak single engine cab-forward designs are ideally suited for runway and taxi way snow removal. The operator’s visibility is excellent and the snow discharge is behind the cab. Digital steering allows all steering functions, (front wheel, rear wheel, and crab, coordinate) to be off the steering wheel. Changing steering functions can occur at any speed under fifteen mph. Steering automatically reverts to front wheel steering over fifteen mph as a safety feature. The blower head is mechanically powered and the chassis powered by a six-speed power shift transmission. The head has a float feature to allow the head to raise and lower as the pavement varies.
The single engine model offers the following options:
- Horsepower Options from: 500 hp to 1200 hp
- Reel (ribbon) sizes from 48 inches to 72 inches
- Impeller (fan) sizes from 48 inches to 82 inches
- Clearing widths from 108 inches to 136 inches
- Tonnage from 3000 tons per hour to 10,000 tons per hour
- Engine Choices: Caterpillar, John Deere, Detroit Diesel or Cummins
- Transmission Choices: Funk, Eaton-Fuller, Allison
- Hydrostatic Components: Rexroth, Linde or Sauer-Danfoss
- Cab Size: Single Man (60 inches) Double Man (72 inches)
- Kodiak can manufacture the size of single engine rear discharge machine to fit your size and tonnage requirements. Kodiak is able to incorporate features particular to each customer to suit their specific needs.